God has thoughts for your life.
They are not small thoughts for a limited future but great thoughts for a great future.
Your expectation will be raised to a new level when you begin to grasp God’s thoughts about you and for you.
In Isaiah 55: 8– 9, God said, For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways.… For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.
God’s Thoughts Change Your Life
Jeremiah 29:11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. NKJV
God’s thoughts toward you are innumerable. You cannot measure them.
Psalms 139:17-18 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! (NLT)
In the New King James Version, verse 18 reads, “If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand.”
“How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!” (verse 17). They are invaluable, beyond any price, and of supreme worth. They are awesome thoughts to encourage you, inspire you to greatness, and cause you to hit the mark He has set for you.
Your greatest thoughts will always be inferior to God’s thoughts for you.
Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.( Psalm 40: 5)
When you consider the thoughts of God, put the following four phrases to work, because the thoughts of God involve all of them:
God’s intentions for your life.
God’s purposes for your life.
God’s designs for your life.
God’s dreams for your life.
Receive the Thoughts of God
When you begin to hear the intentions of God for your life, see His purposes and designs, hear His thoughts, and see His dreams, you begin to change. You begin to expect different things in life. You begin to live differently. You change the way you think, the way you act, and the way you perceive. God’s thoughts are “toward” you.
Here are some of God’s thoughts toward you from His quickened Word:
- I have your life written out in My Book. I have had plans for you, even before you were born. I have had you in My heart always. (See Psalm 139: 16.)
- I have forgiven you of everything in your past and removed your sins from you as far as the east is from the west. (See Psalm 103: 12.)
- I have destined for you to be a blessed person, to live an abundant life, and to receive great things from Me. (See Luke 11: 11– 13.)
- I have given you a dream, a vision, and a hope. You are to live your life with your head lifted high, for you are Mine. (See Ephesians 1: 11– 12.)
- I love you the way you are, and I love you too much to let you stay the way you are.
- I am changing you for your good. (See Philippians 2: 13.)
- I have chosen you. You are Mine. I want you. I will never reject you. You are forever Mine. (See John 10: 27– 29.)
- I have bought you with My blood. You are important. You are significant. You are special. (See Ephesians 1: 7.)
- I have rescued you from the dark power of Satan’s rule and have brought you into My kingdom. (See Colossians 1: 13.)
- I have cleansed you. You are no longer impure and unrighteous. You are pure and holy. You are whole and beautiful. (See Hebrews 10: 22.)
God’s Thoughts toward You for a Full Life
John 10: 10, Jesus stated, The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
A full life is a life that experiences the good things of God.
Psalm 16: 6 says, “My share in life has been pleasant; my part has been beautiful” (NCV).
Your heritage in God is one that is pleasant, lovely, satisfying, and long lasting. It is a life that receives the good things God has planned for you. (See Job 36: 11.)
A full life is a life that is abundantly satisfied with God and His plans for you.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light. (Psalm 36: 8– 9)
Powerful God-Thoughts Produce Powerful God-Results
Isaiah 55: 10– 11 makes a powerful statement. The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. (NLT)
Reach for His higher thoughts and His higher ways. (See Isaiah 55: 9.)
Do not settle for your limited thoughts, but aim for His higher thoughts.
William Arthur Ward said, “Nothing limits achievement like small thinking. Nothing expands possibilities like unleashed thinking.”
Change your fear to faith. Change your doubt to belief. Believe God’s thoughts toward you. Believe the promises in His Word.
Poor thinking produces negative progress.
Average thinking produces no progress.
Good thinking produces some progress.
Great thinking produces great progress.
But God-thinking produces God-progress!
As you prepare to go into 2022 open your mind to the thoughts of God toward you and believe that He will accomplish all He has purposed. Let God’s thoughts toward you become your thoughts about you and see God do great things to you, in you, and through you.